This weekend was the official kickoff to race weekend at Walt Disney World with The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend! This was my first time not attending this weekend, but I had so much fun following along from afar and cheering everyone on. I had a bunch of “field correspondents” out there this weekend so expect to see some fun posts in the next few weeks! Some great photos have already started coming in, including these from the Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run yesterday morning!
The reason I wasn’t there this weekend was because I decided to participate in the Disney Fit Challenge the weekend before and just got back from my trip. While the event wasn’t all that I expected, but I still had a great time with my friends. I’m still working on my recap and it should be up later this week. Until then, here is me lifting some weights…
- ChEARing at the 2014 Disneyland 10K
- Mission to Marathon: A Long Slow Run
- Running Coast to Coast and the First Time Running in Walt’s Footsteps
- Goofy Giveback for 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (spots are STILL available!)
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Dooney & Bourke Bags!
- Race Weekend Dining at Disneyland Resort
- Running Coast to Coast with Jes Stern (A NEW Series on RAD!!)
- Comparing the Disneyland 10K to Walt Disney World Races
- Is the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Announcement Coming Soon?
- 2014 Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Race Weekend Info
- Merchandise Preview for 2014 Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend
- Yoga for Runners: Happy Hips Part 2
- Castaway Cay Challenge Medal Revealed
Whoa…we’ve been busy over here at RAD! That’s a lot of Disney and running news and info! And it’s just going to get better…Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend is coming up soon, hopefully a Disneyland Paris race announcement and those Star Wars medals are sure to be revealed soon…oh boy!!
Lastly, I’m going to shamelessly promote my fundraising efforts for Barbells for Boobs again this year. I know that there are TONS of fundraisers going on right now for Breast Cancer Awareness month, but I have an extra incentive to donate to mine. If I reach my goal of $1,200 by November 1st, I’m going to be raffling off this awesome pair of Reebok CrossFit Nano 4.0s!
Told you I was being shameless 🙂 But those are pretty awesome right?! Here’s a link to my fundraising page…even $5 can make a difference…I might be begging…
Coming up this week is another Kill, Refurb, Marry where we take a look at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival Booths, John is back with some running gear pointers, and as I mentioned we will begin coverage of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend. Hope you have a great week!