Are you ready to run off to the second star to the right and straight on til morning? For the fourth year, runners will don their wings and soar through the Disneyland Resort over Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, but in 2015 the events will take place May 7th – 10th instead of in January, and will include Kids Races, the Never Land 5k, Tinker Bell 10K, Tinker Bell Half Marathon and the all new Pixie Dust Challenge!
Registration for all of the races opens tomorrow at noon EDT and if you want to run you better not only have speedy legs, but fast fingers as well! This race weekend has notoriously sold out quickly, but now with the addition of the Pixie Dust Challenge it will go even faster!
Here is all of the information you need to know about Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend so you can be prepared to register tomorrow. First let’s start with pricing:
Tinker Bell Half Marathon
Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 5:30 am
- $195 by September 2, 2014
- $210 between September 3 and September 23, 2014
- $225 on or after September 24, 2014
Pixie Dust Challenge
Saturday & Sunday, May 9 -10, 2015 at 5:30 am
- $320 by September 2, 2014
- $345 between September 3 and September 23, 2014
- $370 on or after September 24, 2014
Tinker Bell 10K
Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 5:30 am
- $105 by September 2, 2014
- $120 between September 3 and September 23, 2014
- $135 on or after September 24, 2014
Never Land 5K
Friday, May 8, 2015 at 5:00 am
- $70 per participant by February 27, 2015
- $80 per participant on or after February 28, 2015
runDisney Kids Races
Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 9:00 am
- $20 per participant by February 27, 2015
- $25 per participant on or after February 28, 2015
Similar to the Princess Half Marathon, runners can register as a team if you are going with a bunch of friends. Runners must register individually for the race and then sign up as a team. In prior years, teams were limited to two people, but this year you can have as many as you would like for an additional $10 per runner. Team members will receive a commemorative Team Bib with your team name on it, a commemorative team item, and a team photo at packet pick-up. Also, instead of being limited to just the half marathon, teams can run in any of the races.
The Tinker Bell Half Marathon Expo will open at 12:00 pm on Thursday, May 7th in the Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall and remain open through the 9th. You must visit the Expo to pick up your race packet and it’s the only place you can get official race merchandise.
If you’re looking for some added Disney fun before the race, the Pasta Party is a great way to get those carbs in. This family oriented event includes a buffet pasta dinner and various character interactions with photo ops. The party will take place at Stage 17 located inside Disney California Adventure and requires a park ticket to attend.
Pasta in the Park Party
Friday, May 8, 2015 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
With a Theme Park Ticket
- $135 for adults (ages 10 and up)
- $115 for children (ages 3-9)
Without a Theme Park Ticket
- $89 for adults (ages 10 and up)
- $69 for children (ages 3-9)
For all of you amazing spectators out there, there are various ChEAR Squad packages available for you to support your runners! These packages are only available for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. You can view the details of the various packages here and pricing is as follows:
- Bronze Package – No Charge
- Silver Package – $45
- Gold Package – $69
- Platinum Package – $99
And don’t forget, if you are participating in any of the Walt Disney World races in 2014 you will be eligible for the coveted Coast-to-Coast Medal! But only if you are running both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon and the Princess Half Marathon will you get the all new pink Coast-to-Coast!
Make sure to visit the runDisney event page for more information on all of the events taking place that weekend including details on the travel packages, transportation information, park tickets and more.
Pre-sales for the Pixie Dust Challenge sold out in 15 minutes this past week, so I’m sure the event itself will sell out very quickly. If you are interested in participating, I would register as close to noon as possible tomorrow!
If you are looking for information on the past years of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, here are some great posts from RAD Readers who have participated:
- A Girl’s Race From A Guy’s Perspective – Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend
- Earning Her Wings While Helping Others
- 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Race Recap
- Flying with Tinker Bell vs Dumbo
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Health & Fitness Expo
- Never Land Family Fun Run 5K Recap
What race(s) are you planning on flying through over Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend? Good luck registering!!