Final race instructions are now available for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon! It’s less than a week away princesses (and princes)…are you getting excited?!? This was my first half marathon and therefore my favorite race weekend…I can’t wait!
New for this year is the addition of the Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge, which is running both the 10K and the half marathon. Completing that will get you a 3 of these gorgeous medals! Yes, those will be mine!
The weekend starts with the Fit for a Princess Expo relocated back at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. I am SO happy about this because last year’s expo was way too close for comfort! The hours are as follows:
- Thursday, February 20th: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday, February 21st: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, February 22nd: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
All race participants MUST attend the expo to turn in signed waivers (click here to print your waiver) and pick-up race packets, which include your race bib with B-Tag timing devices, race shirt, and gEAR bag. The gEAR bag also doubles as the bag to use for bag check during the race. This is also where you will receive any commemorative items you may have purchased during registration. Transportation will be provided to and from all Walt Disney World Resort Hotels 30 minutes prior to the Expo opening and 30 minutes after closing.
When you arrive at the expo, your first stop will be the HP Field House for Packet Pick Up. 5K pick up will be on the entry level and all other races will be on the lower level. If you are unable to attend the expo, you can fill out a release waiver and give it to a friend to pick up your packet for you. Release forms for all events can be found here.
After visiting the HP Field House, head over to the Jostens Center to visit with vendors and pick up your race shirts, visit with the vendors and listen to the speaker series.
The following are instructions for the Princess Half Marathon and include all of the information you will need about the race, transportation and other events around the weekend.
Here is all of the information you will need for Race Day.
- Host Resort Transportation All Walt Disney World resorts, including Shades of Green and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, will have transportation available to bring participants to and from ALL events during Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend.
- Bus transportation will be during the following times for the races:
- Friday, February 21st, 3:30 am – 5:00 am and 7:00 am – 11:00 am
- Saturday, February 22nd, 3:30 am – 5:00 am and 7:00 am – 10:00 am
- Sunday, February 23rd, 3:00 am – 5:00 am and 7:00 am – 10:30 am
- Runners must be on a bus by 4:00 am to ensure they make it into their corrals by the 5:00 am cut-off time.
- Shuttle service will be suspended between 5:00 am and 7:00 am because of road closures, but will recommence for spectators after 7:00 am. Traffic into the Epcot parking lot will also be suspended at this time and all cars will be routed to the Magic Kingdom Parking lot where spectators can take the monorail to Epcot.
- After the race, buses will be set by resort in the Family Reunion Area to take all participants back to their resorts until 10:30 am.
- Guests staying at monorail resorts will be able to take the monorail to and from Epcot for the races.
- Bus transportation will be during the following times for the races:
- Driving Directions If not staying at a host resort, participants will need to provide their own transportation to all events. As usual, Disney says to EXPECT SIGNIFICANT DELAYS so make sure you leave yourself enough time. Road closures will begin at 3:30 am, so you will want to try to arrive at Epcot before then. If that isn’t possible, be sure to arrive at Epcot and be parked by 4:30 am since it is about a 20 minute walk to the starting corrals from the parking lot and you must be in there by 5:00 am.
- Costumes This is one of the best parts of Disney races…the costumes! Runners get so creative and it’s so fun to see. Please note that runners are NOT allowed to wear a face mask of any kind and will be removed from the course if this is violated. Who are you dressing up as?
- Bag Check Participants MUST use the clear bag provided at the expo to check any belongings during the race and affix the label with their bib number on the outside. The bag check tents are located in the Family Reunion Area in the Epcot parking lot. All bags must be checked prior to walking over to the start corrals.
- Start Corrals Corrals for the 5K and 10K are in the the Epcot Center parking lot and the start corrals for the half marathon are located on Epcot Center Drive. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the half marathon starting corrals from the holding area, so you will want to head over there no later than 4:30 am. Your corral will be listed on your race bib and you will only be granted access to that corral or one behind you. You can find your corral placement by printing your waiver and finding the corresponding corral for your bib number.
For the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, we had one bib for both the 10K and half marathon, so we were in the same corral for both. I’m a little confused about the 10K corrals since it looks like they only go up to E, however the Glass Slipper Challenge corral assignment go up to P. So either we’ll have 2 bibs or the 10K corrals will just be a free for all…
- Race Bibs Bibs must be centered on the front of your shirt. Safety pins will be provided in your race packet at the expo. Do not bend our fold your bib, as the ChronoTrack B-tag will be affixed to the back of the bib which will be used to track your time. If your bib is not properly centered, damaged or covered, your time may not be recorded properly. Your bib will also be used for the on course photographers, so make sure the number is clearly visible and smile for that camera 🙂
- Pacing Requirements Remember, you must keep a minimum of 16-minutes per mile throughout the race or you will run the risk of being picked up and brought to the finish line. Keep this in mind if you a planning to stop for character photos. Those lines can get long and it’s easy to lose track of time. Pace cyclists will be on the course to let you know if you have fallen behind.
- Coast to Coast Race Challenge Participants in the challenge will be given a wristband at the expo that must be worn during the race. After completion, proceed to the Coast to Coast tent to claim your super awesome medal! If you ran the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January, you will be able to get the brand new PINK Coast to Coast medal!
Looking for the course maps? Here you go!
Cinderella Royal Family 5K & Princess Enchanted 10K
Princess Half Marathon
Notice a difference in the entrance to the Magic Kingdom? It looks like we’ll be running through the main entrance instead of through backstage and onto Main Street. That will be pretty awesome!
I LOVE how the Kids Races are in Epcot. What an exciting 1-Mile Run to go through Future World!
Other events for the weekend include the Pasta in the Park Party and the Happily Ever After Party at Downtown Disney! More information is available over on the runDisney website including the Official Program for the weekend. Also, check out my packing tips as you get ready for travel…sadly we don’t all have a Fairy Godmother to do that for us.
And make sure to check out my experience from the last 2 years at Princess Half Marathon Weekend…it’s a BLAST!
- 2013 Fit for a Princess Expo: Too Close For Comfort
- 2013 Princess Half Marathon: Race Recap
- A Royal runDisney Meet Up
- Tangled Royal Family 5K
- Fit for a Princess Expo & Pre-Half Antics
- Princess Half Marathon: Pre-Race
- Princess Half Marathon: The Race