Have you reviewed the final race instructions for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend?! I feel like I’ve been neglecting this great race due to Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, so I wanted to make sure you had all of the info!
Let’s start by looking at the Tinker Bell Half Marathon (click on the image for a larger version):
The weekend starts with the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Expo located at the Disneyland Hotel. The hours are as follows:
- Friday, January 18th: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 19th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
All race participants MUST attend the expo to turn in signed waivers (click here to print your waiver) and pick-up race packets, which include your race bib with B-Tag timing devices, race shirt, and gEAR bag. The gEAR bag also doubles as the bag to use for bag check during the race. This is also where you will receive any commemorative items you may have purchased during registration. When you arrive at the expo, go to the Lower Exhibit Hall FIRST to pick up your race bib, then proceed to the Upper Level to claim your shirt and gEAR bag.
If you are unable to attend the expo, instructions are included on how to have someone pick-up your packet for you. Make sure to download the authorization form for the half marathon here.
The following is all of the information you will need for Race Day. First, here’s a look at the course map:
- Shuttle Transportation Complimentary shuttles will be available for runners and spectators continuously through the weekend. The shuttles will depart from select Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels to the Disneyland Resort Esplanade drop-off every 20 minutes. You will be given a shuttle pass by the driver that you must keep on you for the entire weekend. Here are the shuttle times:
- Friday, January 18th: 7:20 am – 10:30 pm
- Saturday, January 19th: 4:30 am – 11:30 pm
- Sunday, January 20th: 3:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Driving Directions Parking for all events is available in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure located on Disneyland Drive and Ball Road. Standard parking fees will apply.
- Bag Check Participants must use the clear bag provided at the expo to check any belongings during the race and affix the label with their bib number on the outside. The bag check tents are located in the Family Reunion Area in the Simba parking lot. All bags must be checked by 4:15 am prior to the race. Bags can be picked up at the same location following the race. Your bib number is your “claim ticket.”
- Start Corrals The race starts promptly at 5:00 am. You should plan on arriving by 4:00 am and be in your corral no later than 4:30 am. Your corral will be listed on your race bib and you will only be granted access to that corral or one behind you. You can find your corral placement by printing your waiver and finding the corresponding corral for your bib number.
- Race Bibs Bibs must be centered on the front of your shirt. Safety pins will be provided in your race packet at the expo. Do not bend our fold your bib, as the ChronoTrack B-tag will be affixed to the back of the bib which will be used to track your time. If your bib is not properly centered, damaged or covered, your time may not be recorded properly. Your bib will also be used for the on course photographers, so make sure the number is clearly visible…oh and smile for the camera 🙂
- Pacing Requirements Remember, you must keep a minimum of 16-minutes per mile throughout the race or you will run the risk of being picked up and brought to the Pick-Up Tent in the Pinocchio Parking Lot. Keep this in mind if you a planning to stop for character photos. Those lines can get long and it’s easy to lose track of time. Pace cyclists will place orange flags on the mile markers to indicated that runners are behind the official pace time.
- Coast to Coast Race Challenge Participants in challenge will be given a wristband at the expo that must be worn during the race. After completion, proceed to the Coast to Coast tent to claim your super awesome medal!
If you are looking for information on some of the other events during the weekend, you can find instructions here: