Posts Tagged by fun
|May 25, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under RAD Recaps|
Happy Memorial Day! I can’t believe the summer is actually here…it’s so nice to finally have some warm weather. I just love spring and summer here in New England. My favorite thing (besides not having to wear shoes) is that local veggies are starting to come into season. I signed up for the CSA at my local farm again this year and can’t wait for that to start. But until then, I’m filling up on their asparagus!
So the big runDisney news/rumor this week came from a cast member at Disneyland Paris who posted a photo of a button he received after a cast member fun run that said to “Get Ready!” for the 1st Disneyland Paris Half Marathon in September 2015. Since he posted those photos on Thursday, they have been taken down. I’m assuming this was something that was not meant to be leaked since there hasn’t been any official word from runDisney. I’ve also heard rumors about a Star Wars race coming, so hopefully there will be some big announcements coming soon.
In case you missed some of the other fun goings on this week, Cindy stopped by to share her story for Transformation Tuesday, I recapped my visit to the New York World’s Fair Anniversary (you know, where Carousel of Progress debuted!), and Jessica talked about running with Team Challenge for her family. If you’re new to this blog, I suffer from Ulcerative Colits and Team Challenge is the endurance training team and fundraising program benefiting the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. I ran with them in 2012 and it was an amazing experience. You can read about it here.
Later this week, I am heading up to Canton, MA to support the team from my gym, CrossFit Milford, and a few other local athletes competing in the Northeast Regionals of the CrossFit Games. It is such a fun event! I had a blast last year and can’t wait for a weekend getaway with my girls! You can follow all the shenanigans on my Instagram 🙂
Also coming up this week, Ilene will be sharing her story for Transformation Tuesday and I’m thinking of taking a trip out west this week…maybe to visit my favorite lounge that I’ve been missing lately.
Don’t forgot to enter my giveaway for a medal holder from Running on the Wall. You can enter through Tuesday and I will be announcing the winner on Wednesday…don’t miss out! Aren’t they cute??
Have a great week and remember to honor the Vets tomorrow. <3
|November 1, 2013||Posted by Running at Disney under Disney Dining, Epcot Food & Wine Festival, Friday Feast|
Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival is by far my favorite time of year in Walt Disney World. Wait…have I said that before?? 🙂 So of course I was incredibly excited when my good friend Rick asked me to join him at some of the booths to film a few episodes of his series Travel With Rick. Food, wine, beer, Disney and friends…um YES PLEASE!
So here is where I got to visit (I’ve highlighted everything I tried):
This was the 2nd year that I was able to review this booth and this year I have mixed feelings. While I really enjoyed the selection of cheeses, the blue cheese souffle was odd and now very appetizing. Here are all of the offerings:
- Almond Crusted Blue Cheese Soufflé with Fig Jam
- Artisan Cheese Selection: Flagship Reserve Cheddar, La Bonne Vie Triple Crème Brie, Wijngaard Goats Gouda
- Once Upon a Vine’s The Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc
- Once Upon a Vine’s The Fairest Chardonnay
- Once Upon a Vine’s The Big Bad Red Blend
- Once Upon a Vine’s A Charming Pinot
You can rarely go wrong with France and this year was no exception. I was a big fan of almost everything…Rick even got me to try the escargot! Here’s what they have:
- Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche)
- Boeuf Bourguignon (Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes)
- Crème Brûlée au Chocolat au Lait (Chocolate Milk Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar)
- Beer Kronenbourg Blanc
- Chardonnay, Macon-Villages, La Côte Blanche
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Château Bonnet
- Sparkling Pomegranate Kir
- Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush (Vodka, Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice)
This booth is new this year and is definitely one of my favorites. There wasn’t one thing that I didn’t enjoy here and really, how can you go wrong with Scotch?! Get all of these things:
- Seared Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette
- Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps and Tatties-Griddled Vegetable Cake with Rutabaga and Mashed Potatoes
- Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scottish Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream
- Innis & Gunn® Original
- Loch Lomond featuring Glenfiddich® 12 year
- Glenfiddich® Scotch Flight (12, 15 and 18 year)
Always a winner in my book and it’s even more fun when I get to share beer flights with my girl Amanda. We tried all the beers!
- Beer Flight 1: Dogfish Head Brewery Namaste, Abita Brewing Company Fall Fest, Leinenkugel’s® Seasonal Shandy, Florida Beer Company Devil’s Triangle
- Beer Flight 2: New Belgium Brewing Company Fat Tire, Widmer Brother s Brewing Alchemy Ale, Red Hook Audible Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo®
|September 19, 2013||Posted by Running at Disney under Disney Parks, Disneyland|
Now I know you are all thinking I’m whackadoo (most of you probably did already!) but seriously, Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train is the best attraction EVER! Stay with me here and once you watch the video, you will be convinced as well.
You probably know Heimlich best as the chubby, lovable, German caterpillar from A Bug’s Life. He loves to eat (sweets in particular), dance and is just an overall jolly character. He’s always been one of my favorites!
So the fact that he has his own ride is wonderful and it was one of my must do’s for my recent trip to Disneyland. Look how cute he is with the candy corn!
Yes, I know it’s a kid’s ride, but it’s great for adults too!! Being on this slow moving chew chew train will only make you smile. Look at that GIANT watermelon you get to chew through…who wouldn’t want to eat that?!?
Not convinced? Take a ride for yourself…try not to laugh…I dare you!
What attraction makes you smile and laugh?