Posts Tagged by Dooney & Bourke
|November 20, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under runDisney Merchandise, WDW Marathon Weekend|
Here they are…the NEW Dooney & Bourke designs for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend! There will be 5 designs available for pick up at the Health & Fitness Expo during Marathon Weekend in January. Let’s take a closer look:
Lexi Crossbody – $159
The Smith Bag – $360
Slim Wristlet – $98
The Satchel – $269
There will also be a Letter Carrier for $189 available for purchase. You can pre-purchase any of these bags right now by going here and clicking “Register Now.” Make note that you can ONLY pick up these items at the Expo and they will not be mailed to you or refunded if you can’t make it.
What do you think of the new designs? Will you be splurging in 2015 to commemorate Marathon Weekend?
|September 20, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under Epcot Food & Wine Festival, Miscellaneous|
Ok Disney…now you’ve done it! Do you just want my bank account number so you can take all my money?!?
This September Disney is releasing and all new Dooney & Bourke collection inspired by my favorite event of the year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! Unlike some of the other patterns that have emerged from the Disney Dooney & Bourke Collection, I actually really like this! It is subtle, yet still whimsical. Well done Disney…
These beauties will be released on September 29th and will be exclusively sold at the Food & Wine Festival. You will be able to find them (if there are any left!) at the Festival Center which is located in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion between Universe of Energy and Mission: Space in Future World.
Wow…what a coincidence! I am actually going to BE at the Festival on September 29th! Maybe this lovely hipster will magically end up in my suitcase 🙂
|January 15, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend|
Are you ready to Flutter to the Finish?? There are some things you should know before you don those wings and take flight.
The weekend starts with the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Expo located at the Disneyland Hotel. The hours are as follows:
- Thursday, January 16th: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Friday, January 17th: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 18th: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
All race participants MUST attend the expo to turn in signed waivers (click here to print your waiver) and pick-up race packets, which include your race bib with B-Tag timing devices, race shirt, and gEAR bag. The gEAR bag also doubles as the bag to use for bag check during the race. This is also where you will receive any commemorative items you may have purchased during registration. When you arrive at the expo, head to the Lower Exhibit Hall FIRST to pick up your race packet. If you are unable to attend the expo, you can fill out a release waiver and give it to a friend to pick up your packet for you. Release forms for all events can be found here.
After packet pick up, then proceed to the Upper Level to claim your shirt and gEAR bag. This is also where you will find the official runDisney merchandise, speaker series and various other vendors.
Speaking of merchandise, have you seen some of the new designs for this year?!? I am seriously in love with these Dooneys! I think this is the best race weekend design yet!
The following is all of the information you will need for Race Day.
- Shuttle Transportation Complimentary shuttles will be available for runners and spectators continuously through the weekend. The shuttles will depart from select Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels to the Disneyland Resort Esplanade drop-off every 20 minutes. You will be given a shuttle pass by the driver that you must keep on you for the entire weekend. After using this service for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, trust me it’s SUPER easy! Here are the shuttle times:
- Thursday, January 16th: 8:20 am – 9:30 pm
- Friday, January 18th: 4:30 am – 12:30 am
- Saturday, January 19th: 4:00 am – 12:30 am
- Sunday, January 20th: 3:00 am – 11:30 pm
- Driving Directions Parking for all events is available in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure located on Disneyland Drive and Ball Road. Standard parking fees will apply.
- Bag Check Participants must use the clear bag provided at the expo to check any belongings during the race and affix the label with their bib number on the outside. The bag check tents are located in the Family Reunion Area in the Simba parking lot. All bags must be checked by 5:30 am prior to the 10K and 4:30 am prior to the half marathon. Bags can be picked up at the same location following the race. Your bib number is your “claim ticket.”
For the 5K, bag check will be in the picnic area outside of the entrance to Disneyland Park. All bags must be checked by 5:30 am prior to the race.
- Start Corrals Races start promptly on time and you must be in your corrals before the start or you risk being placed in a later corral. Race start times are 5:45 am for the 5K, 6:00 am for the 10K and 5:00 am for the half marathon. You should be in your corrals at least 20 minutes prior to the start. Your corral will be listed on your race bib and you will only be granted access to that corral or one behind you. You can find your corral placement by printing your waiver and finding the corresponding corral for your bib number.
- Race Bibs Bibs must be centered on the front of your shirt. Safety pins will be provided in your race packet at the expo. Do not bend our fold your bib, as the ChronoTrack B-tag will be affixed to the back of the bib which will be used to track your time. If your bib is not properly centered, damaged or covered, your time may not be recorded properly. Your bib will also be used for the on course photographers, so make sure the number is clearly visible and smile for the camera
- Pacing Requirements Remember, you must keep a minimum of 16-minutes per mile throughout the race or you will run the risk of being picked up and brought to the Pick-Up Tent in the Pinocchio Parking Lot. Keep this in mind if you a planning to stop for character photos. Those lines can get long and it’s easy to lose track of time. Pace cyclists will place orange flags on the mile markers to indicated that runners are behind the official pace time.
- Coast to Coast Race Challenge Participants in the challenge will be given a wristband at the expo that must be worn during the race. After completion, proceed to the Coast to Coast tent to claim your super awesome medal! If you are running in the Princess Half Marathon in February, you will be able to get the brand new PINK Coast to Coast medal!
|January 7, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under Health & Fitness Expo, runDisney Merchandise, WDW Marathon Weekend|
The Health & Fitness Expo for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend opens tomorrow at 10:00 am! Are you ready to see some of the goodies you’ll be able to get?? I have to say…some of the new designs are pretty cool! Let’s take a look!
Race Specific Shirts
Race Weekend Apparel
Seriously, how cute is that onsie?!?!
runDisney Dooney & Bourke Bags!
Apparently, this is just SOME of what you will find this weekend at the Expo. I hope you have your wallets ready for some shopping! Here is what would be on my list:
- Pint Glass
- Race Weekend Track Jacket
- Dooney Tote!
Don’t forget that if you are a WDW Passholder, DVC Member or Cast Member, you can use your discount at the Expo!
So what is on your list of must haves?
|August 28, 2013||Posted by Running at Disney under Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney Merchandise, runDisney Races|
Have you seen all the fab merchandise for the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend?!?! Yesterday, the Disney Parks Blog released a sneak preview of some of the items that will be at the Health & Fitness Expo starting Friday, August 30th at 10:00 am. Looks like I’m going to be spending a pretty penny on some of this stuff!
Here’s what’s on my list from these photos:
- Grey Disneyland Half Hoodie
- Green Dumbo Double Dare Challenge Hoodie
- Disneyland Half Pint Glass
- Disneyland 10K T-Shirt
The Disney Parks Blog goes onto tease that there will be “specially created Dooney & Bourke silhouettes, trading pins, Vinylmation and of course our ‘Coast to Coast’ collection.” Oh well of course I’ll be getting a ton of Coast to Coast gear and a Vinylmation! I still have never purchased a runDisney Dooney, but depending on the design…this might be the time I do. Sigh…
What’s your favorite merchandise item for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend?