Castaway Cay Challenge Medal Revealed
|October 2, 2014||Posted by Running at Disney under Princess Half Marathon Weekend, WDW Marathon Weekend|
Earlier this year, runDisney announced the Inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge following the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January 2015. This 5K will be taking place during a 4-night Caribbean cruise immediately following the race weekend and will include two additional medals!
First is the Castaway Cay 5K medallion that you receive anytime you run this 5K during the cruise.
Those that are also registered for any of the events taking place over Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will also receive this GORGEOUS Castaway Cay Challenge medal!
I just LOVE this design! It reminds me of a similar challenge medal, the Coast-to-Coast Challenge! Let’s look at a bit more detail…
Simply stunning. Well done with this medal runDisney!
The Castaway Cay Challenge sold out quickly for Marathon Weekend in January, but there is still availability for the second challenge following Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February. To register, head over to www.disneycruise.com and book the February 23, 2015 cruise aboard the Disney Dream. Make sure to use the promotional code RUN when booking. Then register for the Castaway Cay Challenge at www.rundisney.com. You should book your cruise BEFORE registering for the challenge because you will need to enter your reservation number when registering.
Participants in the event will receive:
- Castaway Cay Challenge Event T-Shirt
- Commemorative Castaway Cay 5K Finisher Medallion
- Commemorative Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal for participating in one Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend 5K or longer event PULS the Castaway Cay 5K
- Post-race refreshments
- Exciting Activities and access to Special Merchandise on board Disney Cruise Line
- Featured Healthy Menu Options on board Disney Cruise Line
Are you taking on this new challenge in 2015??