Final Race Instructions for the 2013 Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler
|September 10, 2013||Posted by Running at Disney under runDisney Races, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler|
The final race instructions for The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror 10-Miler are now available and have all the information you need for the weekend! Let’s take a look:
As with all runDisney events, this race weekend starts with the Health & Fitness Expo at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on Friday, October 4th from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Saturday, October 5th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. All race participants MUST attend the expo to turn in signed waivers and pick-up race packets, which include your race bib with B-Tag timing devices, race shirt, and clear bag. The clear bag is what you will use for bag check during the race. This is also where you will receive any commemorative items you may have purchased during registration. If you are unable to attend the expo, instructions for absentee pickup can be found here.
On to all the information for Race Day.
- Host Resort Transportation The following are a list of host resorts where buses will be available to bring participants to and from ALL events surrounding The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror10-Miler Weekend. This includes the expo, 5K and kids races. For the 5K, runners must be on a bus by 6:30 am to make it to the corrals by 7:15 pm at the latest. For the 10-Miler, runners must be on a bus by 8:00 pm to make it to the corrals by 9:15 pm at the latest.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Driving Directions If not staying at a host resort, participants will need to provide their own transportation to all events. An important thing to note is that there will be NO parking at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on the evening of the race. Runners and spectators will need to park at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and take shuttles to the Studios. Runners must be on a shuttle by 8:00 pm, so make sure to leave extra time to park your car and wait in line for a shuttle.
- Costumes This is one of the best parts of Disney races…the costumes! Runners get so creative and it’s so fun to see, especially this race weekend because of the Halloween theme. Please note that runners are NOT allowed to wear a face mask of any kind and will be removed from the course if this is violated.
- Bag Check Participants must use the clear bag provided at the expo to check any belongings during the race and affix the label with their bib number on the outside. All bags must be checked by 9:00 pm in the Film Lot at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Bags will be available for pick-up at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Theatre and must be claimed by 2:30 am on the morning of September 30th. I’m a bit disappointed the runDisney didn’t make any changes to the bag check for the 10-Miler this year. Trekking all the way over to Indy and walking up and down those stairs pretty much sucks after running 10 miles….just sayin.
- Runner Staging The corrals will be located on the south side of the Film parking lot past the bag check area. Your corral will be listed on your race bib and you will only be granted access to that corral or one behind you. All runners MUST be in their starting corral by 9:15 pm. Corrals will then be walked down to the starting line (starting with A), which looks to be on the other side of the main toll plaza at the south entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can find your corral placement by printing your waiver and finding the corresponding corral for your bib number. I will be in Corral H, so make sure to come say hi!
- Starting Times The following are the scheduled start times for each corral.
- 9:58 pm – Wheelchair Start 1
- 10:00 pm – Corral A Start
- 10:02 pm – Corral B Start
- 10:04 pm – Corral C Start
- 10: 06 pm – Corral D Start
- 10:09 pm – Corral E Start
- 10:12 pm – Corral F Start
- 10:15 pm – Corral G Start
- 10:19 pm – Corral H Start
- 10:23 pm – Corral I Start
- 10:27 pm – Corral J Start
- Race Bibs Bibs must be centered on the front of your shirt. Safety pins will be provided in your race packet at the expo. Do not bend our fold your bib, as the ChronoTrack B-tag will be affixed to the back of the bib which will be used to track your time. If your bib is not properly centered, damaged or covered, your time may not be recorded properly. Your bib will also be used for the on course photographers, so make sure the number is clearly visible.
- Pacing Requirements You must keep a minimum of 16-minutes per mile throughout the race or you will run the risk of being picked up and brought to the finish line. Keep this in mind if you are planning to stop for character photos. Those lines can get long and it’s easy to lose track of time. Pace cyclists will be on the course to let you know if you have fallen behind.
- Changing Tents Changing areas will be available outside the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Theatre after the race so you can get out of those sweaty clothes to enjoy the Disney Villains Hollywood Bash. But be warned that there is no privacy and the tents are HOT.