Disney’s Princess Half Marathon News and Registration Info
|June 6, 2013||Posted by Running at Disney under Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney Races|
It’s almost time to register for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon again!! I am constantly baffled at how fast time goes by!
You are all probably aware at this point that the Disney Enchanted 10K has been added to the weekend and that there is a new Glass Slipper Challenge if you complete both the 10K and Princess Half Marathon. There is also the new Coast to Coast Challenge pink medal when you complete the Princess Half Marathon and the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in 2014.
But alas, there is NEW information about Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Similar to the changes implemented for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January, the following enhancements will be in place to
hopefully make the race experience better:
- Lowering weekend capacity by 2,000 runners, mostly in the half marathon
- Proof of time required from runners anticipating a finish time of 3:15 or less
- More corrals allowing runners with similar abilities to be grouped together and therefore spreading out the field on the course
- No corral changes based on proof of time will be made after December 1, 2013.
It was also confirmed by runDisney that the Fit for a Princess Expo will be going back to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in 2014! This year it was held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, which just was too close for comfort!
Registration is now open for Annual Passholders and DVC Members….don’t forget your $10 off coupon code as a DVC Member!! There are also a very limited spots available now for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon for those wanting to get the new pink Coast to Coast. Official registration opens on June 11, 2013 at noon. Here is the pricing info:
Disney Princess Half Marathon
- $160 by August 13, 2013
- $175 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
- $190 on or after November 20, 2013
Disney Enchanted 10K
- $95 by August 13, 2013
- $110 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
- $125 on or after November 20, 2013
Glass Slipper Challenge
- $270 by August 13, 2013
- $290 between August 14 and November 19, 2013
- $310 on or after November 20, 2013
Cinderella Royal Family 5K
- $60 per participant
- $15 per Kids Dash participant
- $30 per One Mile Run participant
Pasta in the Park Party Tickets
- $52 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
- $28 for Children (ages 3 – 9)
- Children Under 3 are free
Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast
- $37.50 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
- $17.50 for Children (ages 3 – 9)
- Children Under 3 are free
- Bronze – No Charge
- Silver – $39 per package
- Gold – $65 per package
- Platinum – $115 per package
- $120 per participant
If you want to run Princess…don’t wait to register! The races fill up fast and will now fill up faster because of the reduction in race capacity. Head to the runDisney registration page next week to register!
You all know I love this race and I hope I can take the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2014! Will you be there?