The Skinny Rules
|July 2, 2012||Posted by Running at Disney under Health & Fitness, Healthy Eating|
I saw this great list posted over on Dimples Does It and thought about how I already apply some of these rules to my life, so why not try for more!
So here are the rules I currently follow:
- Rule 3: I definitely make it a point to eat protein with every meal.
- Rule 6: I eat at least a cup of blueberries (frozen in my smoothies and fresh for snacks) and always have an apple with peanut butter for a mid-day snack.
- Rule 8: I know how to read food labels.
- Rule 10: I don’t add sweeteners to my food, with the acception of Agave to my lemon salad dressing.
- Rule 13: The last time I had fast food was years ago and fried foods are very rare (I’m a sucker for fried shrimp).
- Rule 14: I have a power smoothie every morning for breakfast during the week and usually eggs on the weekends.
- Rule 15: I love to cook, so I make dinner most nights and always make enough for leftover for lunches.
- Rule 17: Must have veggies with every meal (even breakfast!). My CSA comes in handy for this one.
- Rule 19: Recently, I’ve been making it a point to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night and feel much better for it!
9 out of 20 is pretty good! So that leaves 11 new habits to create. Maybe I can add one in each week. That seems like a manageable goal.
This week I’m going to tackle Rule 1: Drink a Large Glass of Water Before Every Meal – No Excuses! Doing this tricks your body into feeling fuller so you don’t eat as much. I drink a lot of water as it is, so it should be fairly easy to add these additional glasses in. I might even attempt Rule 12: Make One Day a Week Meatless. I could most definitely make that work.
So what do you think of these rules? Do you currently incorporate any of them into your life?